Summer is coming up, and you will want to have your air conditioner in good operating condition before temperatures start to rise. To brush up on your HVAC knowledge and find out what steps you can do to stay comfortable without guzzling energy and racking up sky-high utility bills this summer, read through the information available in the following resources.
- Visit LifeHacker.com to learn more about what makes homeowners who use programmable thermostats smart.
- Read more about the inefficiencies caused by pilot lights burning in the summertime in this University of California at San Diego physics blog.
- Installing a programmable thermostat is a fairly easy do-it-yourself task. Find out how at the DIY Network’s website.
- For more tips on selecting and installing a programmable thermostat in your home, visit ApartmentTherapy.com.
- This Kansas State University Engineering Extension resource offers helpful answers to frequently asked questions about furnaces.
If you are looking to have an element of your home’s HVAC system repaired or replaced, or if you are interested in hiring an experienced contractor to conduct a thorough home energy audit, call Blue Dot Services of Maryland at (410) 698-6465.