Regular maintenance of the HVAC system that supports your home can extend its longevity and improve indoor air quality. Check your furnace filter regularly to see if it’s becoming clogged and consider adding humidifiers to your home for your family’s health. For more information on humidifiers and furnace filters, follow these links:
- This article from the Dr. Oz Show discusses winter allergies and why it’s important to keep your home’s humidity at a certain level.
- Indiana University Health offers this guide to the benefits of using humidifiers in the winter, particularly if you have young children.
- Energy.gov offers these energy-saving tips for the fall and winter months.
- Read about the importance of maintaining your furnace filters regularly with this article from the American Lung Association.
- The University of Illinois Extension discusses how furnace filters work and offers a breakdown of the different types of furnace filters.
Talk to an HVAC contractor to learn more about maintaining a healthy home. Call Blue Dot Services of Maryland at (410) 698-6465 for superior service and free estimates.