How can you ensure that your heating and cooling systems are working as efficiently as possible? First, make sure your house is properly insulated; second, check to ensure that your systems are not malfunctioning. To learn how to identify problems with your insulation and heating and cooling systems, check out these informative sites.
- Finding and sealing off air leaks is essential for keeping your home well insulated. In this booklet, Energy Star lists some common places where air leaks and explains what their effects are.
- Home Repair Geek reveals how to find the most likely sources of air leaks in your household.
- The U.S. Department of Energy explains how to find and seal off air leaks.
- This article at eHow.com explains how to tell whether your central air conditioning unit is working properly.
- HomeTips.com lists some of the most frequent ways that air conditioners malfunction, and explains why it happens.