Have you installed or retrofitted a more energy efficient commercial HVAC system in your facility, but you don't have a building maintenance plan in place? If so, you could be overspending by 5-20% on your energy costs. Discussing your install or retrofit project with an experienced preventive maintenance company will help optimize energy efficiency later, as they can insure proper HVAC maintenance is scheduled right from the start.
So what is included in a proper commercial building maintenance plan? Energy consumption and energy efficiency are directly related to a building's heating and cooling costs. Chillers, boilers, ductwork and more need to be cleaned, repaired and analyzed throughout the year to operate at optimal performance. Here are a few items that should be completed during a commercial building maintenance visit:
• Check refrigerant levels and belt tension
• Check ductwork and pipes for leaks and/or damage; leaky ductwork is one of the largest reasons for cooling loss
• Replace or repair worn out valves; they are inexpensive to replace and can result in a significant decrease on energy costs
• Clean your equipment regularly (boilers, heat pumps, air-conditioners, chillers and more); the build-up of dirt on evaporator and condenser coils inhibits heat transfer and raises energy costs
• Regularly check, clean and replace air filters to ensure proper ventilation and air flow
• Regularly inspect system for harmful contaminants; poor indoor air quality lowers energy efficiency and hurts occupants
Regardless of which building maintenance program you choose for your commercial HVAC system, you are scheduled by a computerized work order system if you are a Blue Dot customer. Precise tasks, required skill levels, and required conditions are specified with this application. Maintenance calls and frequency will be scheduled and determined by run time, system use, application, location, and manufacturer’s recommendations. This information, along with our years of practical experience in construction, engineering, and service ensures our clients receive the industry’s most cost effective preventative maintenance programs available.
As a Blue Dot Commercial Services Preventive Maintenance Valued Customer, you will also receive:
• Preferential service scheduling
• A 10% discount on all labor and materials for quoted repair jobs
• No overtime or travel charges
• Task-based maintenance routine
• Innovative tools and test equipment
• A 1-year warranty on all repair work
• Our C.A.R.E. Quality Assurance program to insure premium service and your satisfaction
• Dedicated preventive maintenance and repair technicians to provide you with the best possible service results
Call 410.803.4300 today, or contact Blue Dot Services of Maryland online to schedule a site review with one of our Commercial Service Consultants.